Stylish protection in a COVID-19 world: Elastic washable African shwe-shwe face mask with removable D15 filter (small, medium or large)
Stay safe and protect others with our African 3 ply shwe-shwe face masks
Wearing a suitable mask, washing hands, practising good sanitation and social distancing provides good protection against the virus.
This mask is fitted with a Brits D15 filter that is 95% effective in trapping particles 5pm and above. It was developed by Brits Nonwoven and Stellenbosch University.
1. After wearing remove the mask by the straps.
2. Place the filter in boiling water to sterilise.
3. Wash hands and face using COVID-19 protocols.
4. Remove filter after five minutes and rinse in cold water.
5. Press dry with a dishcloth and put aside to air dry.
6. Do not squeeze, wring or wash the filter to avoid damage.
7. Replace the filter after sterilising 5 times. One lasts about a week.
8. The mask may be washed and ironed after removing the filter.
19cm diameter (small suitable for kids)
21cm diameter (medium)
24cm diameter (large)
Shweshwe material is printed dyed cotton, traditionally used for traditional South African clothing. A perfect gift and a striking fashion accessory.